Swaggspeare

Swaggspeare
Cant find a word....so he makes one B-D

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Finn and Friends !!! (kind of...not really... or nahhh) Social Responsibiltity Chapped Lips: 22-30

        For once in my life, I actually witness the characters growth to be present, beneficial, and a lot more realistic than anything. Overall I am not annoyed with the Huckleberry instead I am rooting for him lol. In chapter 23 I felt his social responsibility was much more evident than anything. Chapter 23 (Michael Jordan), The Duke (of Hazzard) and Dauphin (Aquamans side kick) use their abilities for evil! Otherwise attempting to have an opening night for the greatest show on earth ;-) "The Royal Nonesuch Gig" and ending the show soooooooooo early the rooster didn't even cockadoodledoo yet!. After ripping people off  they continue on makin bank $$$ for tres nights in a row! To even Jim who is supposed to be an uneducated slave in a time period such as Huck Finn or even just by slave standards alone realizes that the Duke and Dauphin are complete hoaxes "But Huck, dese kings o'ourn is regular rapscallion; dats jist what dey is; dey's regular rapscallions."(Twain pg.179) ((Rapscallion ? Rap- 2 chainz, jay z, eminem and scallion- vegetable that taste like onions soaked in sweat ??? MAKES SENSE TO ME))  From this statement, Huck agrees and claims that it is expected of people of such a high class.  In all, I actually found Jim and Hucks (In a sense) claims to be evident in society because people who were ripped off the first night attempt to protect their own pride by spreading the lie that the show was fantastic. Almost as if the people were saying " Theres no way!!! I'm better than everyone ! If I made this mistake, other people should too!" Now where Hucks claim doesnt make sense is that Dukes and Dolphins lol purposely attempt to rip people off. I don't think so, yet the people put that burden on themselves since the social responsibility of every individual seems to be focused on PRIDE!
+
= Rapscallions
        Chapter 24 I really enjoyed because it confirmed what I said in my previous blog post !!! As Ive said Huck has grown for the better and the social responsibility he follows i believe is found in 24 which is to be his own. Huck is above society and his slight innocence allows him to see things for how they are and not just follow what everyone believes. When the Rapping Scallions (Tuff rap #squaad) attempt to pretend to be the Wilks brothers and steal a dead mans money, Hucks idea of social responsibility prevails on a psychological level when he says " It was enough to make a body ashamed of the human race." (Twain pg.189) 

4 comments:

  1. Hmm interesting post. You know, through all the slang, parenthesis, and corny jokes I actually understood what you meant lol. Just kidding! I'm not that mean. Anyways, I agree with the whole pride thing you talked about. The townspeople were not keeping up their end of the responsibility by telling the other people it was fantastic. If anything I think they should've swallowed their pride and warned the rest of the town. I mean really, who does that? Like 'hey I don't want to look like a fool and you make fun of me so let's just be fools together'?? Besides that do you believe Huck still has innocence left in him? Has society not taken it away from him yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that throughout the story Huck lied about who he was at least 3 or 4 times throughout the story like when he pretended he was a girl and etc. I think Huck is getting a different perspective of that now because he sees that the Duke and King are lying about who they are, not just to the people but to Huck and Jim as well. Of course Huck can see through this and goes along with it and a part of the reason could be because he has been in that position before...and he made some sweet dough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is always the most entertaining. You get your ideas across in a fun, creative and easy to understand way. (not sure how much sense that sentence made, i rewrote it about five times and I still think it is awkward, but I may not get it any better). And in chapter 24 I was even thinking about how you said something likee that in your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete